cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a longer isolation Cable

SabbyB
Joining in

Hi, 

How can I get a longer cable please. The one supplied isnt long enough and I have been told on the phone by a virgin employee to go to a shop and buy one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a new install then a tech visit for a longer cable to be made up should be free.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks 

Hi @SabbyB,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you require a longer coax cable because the one provided in your Quick Start box wasn't long enough then we can arrange a technician visit to run a longer cable for you. 

If you're happy to proceed with this, let us know and we can send you a private message to arrange the visit.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to jump on this topic but I recently had VM installed (21 March 2022).  I have found that the wifi signal is not very good.  I was left with the hub on the floor behind a chair in the living room and would like to move it so that the signal is not pointing to the back of the chair nor is it stood on carpet (which I believe does not help), however the cable is only about 8 inches long and will not allow me to move the hub from behind the chair.  I see the charge for a new longer cable is £25 but do I really need an engineer to come out and unplug the old cable and plug in the new cable. Can I not just buy a cable and plug it in myself? 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @SabbyB,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you require a longer coax cable then we would provide that, and I'd recommend not purchasing one yourself. Sorry for any confusion there. However, so that you're aware there would be a £25 callout charge for an engineer to come out and do this for you as detailed in our Price Guide.

If you're happy to proceed with this and accept the charge, let us know and we can proceed from there in helping you set this up.

Thanks,

afaik thats wrong - there should be no charge - have flagged it back to VM for confirmation - if there is a charge then go with the advice from CS - as wrong as it is - thats not your problem i suggest

Tony.
Sacked VIP

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to jump on this topic but I recently had VM installed (21 March 2022).  I have found that the wifi signal is not very good.  I was left with the hub on the floor behind a chair in the living room and would like to move it so that the signal is not pointing to the back of the chair nor is it stood on carpet (which I believe does not help), however the cable is only about 8 inches long and will not allow me to move the hub from behind the chair.  I see the charge for a new longer cable is £25 but do I really need an engineer to come out and unplug the old cable and plug in the new cable. Can I not just buy a cable and plug it in myself? 

VM say you cannot use your own cable - offshore disagree and have in the past told customers to go to their local Virgin bank branch where they will be given a cable - complete rubbish obviously but as i say above - if a self install is not as you want it a call out should be free - lets see what VM say to my comment above

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think those eight miserly inches add up to a VM fault call-out in themselves. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I think those eight miserly inches add up to a VM fault call-out in themselves. 

I wish I had 8 ........ 🤣

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali