cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not received wall socket

Sooooo
Joining in

Hi I just had my new virgin media hub 3.0 but I don’t have a virgin media wall socket.

I am new to virgin media 

How can i get the wall socket ? 

I have chosen self install 

11 REPLIES 11

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you need a tech - wait here for VM or give them a ring

what happened to the wall socket that was there - if they have allowed self install there must have been VM there before

Tony.
Sacked VIP

In some properties the wall socket will have the logo of a predecessor company such as Telewest or NTL, and it should still be fine so longer the the cable is connected.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Look at this to help:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/installing-virgin-media

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self installs are only offered if there has been a service in use at the property in the last few years.

The sockets are VM property & should not be removed, however if the previous occupant was not a Virgin customer or was & then changed provider they may have removed it.

Check on you outside wall for an omni-box which terminates the cable from the street. If this is also missing it gets even more complicated as a repull back to the street cabinet will be required, causing further delays. Omni-boxes are usually brown (as below) but older ones may be grey.

Virgin brown omniboxVirgin brown omnibox

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

robrav
Tuning in

I have the same issue, please can someone help

Jack_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi I’m Jack(23643) a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me about this issue. There may be several different things I can do to help but I will need account numbers etc.                                                                                        

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards

Jack VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Jack I didn't reply as I was not sure if you were actually a forum team member (as your profile says you have retired, you joined on the same day as you replied to me, and have not made many other posts)

oliver_sullivan
Joining in

Hi i have the hub 3.0 and dont have the wall socket for it what do i do? 

Hi oliver_sullivan, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have not been able to complete your installation due to there not being a socket. 

Was there a socket there previously that has been removed?

Unfortunately i have been unable to access your account via the community details but could you please confirm if you have arranged a technician to visit and install the equipment? If not, please do let us know and we will get this arranged from here. 

Thank you 

Nat