cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have a wall sockey

She3aa14
Joining in

I just received the broadband self installed where I can't find the wall socket but there is a loose black cable but did not work out for virgin media sockey. Not sure what to do so i can connect 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of the internal black cable end.

Does it come inside your property at the obvious place in relation the wire coming from your externally mounted Omnibox (brown or white)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

She3aa14
Joining in

Added picture

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You havent added any photo.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

IMG-20220421-WA0100.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is that ! I said.... Post up a photo of the internal black cable end. - that is the VM cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jbrennand wrote:
What is that ! I said.... Post up a photo of the internal black cable end. - that is the VM cable.

It is not even a VM coax cable in the photo, it is an Ariel cable… in a shop. 🤔 I think someone might be pulling your leg. 😂

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hahaha.. I flashed over it - without really looking at the image - as it was so far away from what I was expecting 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

Sorry for that I was outside and I thought it's a smiliar cable 

20220422_125329.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That looks to me like a standard TV ariel connection. Where does the other end of the cable track to?

--------------------
John
--------------------