cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don’t have a virgin wall socket

Mikhail_Lopez
Tuning in

Hi, just recently joined Virgin, I ordered a quick start kit but I don’t have a virgin wall socket. Is there any way to have an engineer come and install it? Anyone also know the price for an installation?

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There may not be a socket.  It may just be a cable, so check outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the wires going inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if you find an internal cable you need one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

that will let you connect the supplied isolator cable

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mikhail_Lopez.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see you are having issues with your new starter kit.

Did you sign up online? Or did you sign up with an agent who checked to see if you would need a installation?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I signed up online and it said that virgin can send me a quick start kit, however, I did not realize I needed to have a virgin wall socket 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @Mikhail_Lopez,

Have you received your equipment already?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I have

Mikhail_Lopez
Tuning in

Hi all, I didn’t schedule and engineer and got my broadband working already, how does one cancel the engineer appointment 

Thanks for confirming Mikhail_Lopez

If you can please call our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734, they will be able to turn your QuickStart installation into a manned install

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Do you have access to your self-care account?

If so, you will be able to alter any appointments via that method

If you're unable to register, do feel free to come back to us and we'll seek to do this for you once data protection has been passed via our private messaging function 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn