cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don’t have a Virgin wall socket

ziwang
Joining in

Hello, I placed my order on the phone and it came through as a quick start package but I don’t have a wall socket. Can I have an engineer come install it? I’ve tried web chat, phone calls but just can’t get through. Very damn frustrating for a brand new customer!! Quick to take my money but slow to help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if the system has allowed quick start then there has been a VM install there in the past

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

VM will pick the thread up but than can take a while - maybe a week so the phone is your beat option

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if the system has allowed quick start then there has been a VM install there in the past

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

VM will pick the thread up but than can take a while - maybe a week so the phone is your beat option

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I have the same problem but I found the cable that has male end and not sure how to connect to that???

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use one of these  Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Mafshoon,

Thank you for your post. I'm just checking in to see if you still need help with this or have you now been able to locate a socket to connect your services?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!