cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

packet loss is at a constant, the issue has not been fixed. Please advise

Please can somebody look into this packet loss SNR issue it hasn’t changed.

I’ve upgraded to the 1GB package for less money due to a perk at my partners work in a hope that something maybe done/improved maybe foolishly. As mentioned before Virgin Media is all I can get here or I would have left ages ago.

I’ve had the tv box delivered but no speed upgrade any ideas?

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for your private message and for taking the time to update the thread. 

I've just picked up the email thread with the regional and area manager for your postcode and they have confirmed there is nothing more they can do I'm afraid. They have checked everything on more than one occasion. They have advised that they may need to raise this to the headend teams but just to set expectations, this may not lead to anything. 

I have sent the mail off and as soon as I have a reply, I will come back to you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m baffled that the response is nothing more can be done, the added packet loss is an addition to my original complaint, so something must have changed hence them accepting and seeing there was an SNR issue a couple of weeks ago.

Surely companies like VM should be trying to keep customers as opposed to just fobbing them off with poor excuses? I’d assume they’ve checked nothing or the problem would have been fixed long ago. 

Who is the headend teams and what do they do? Lastly is there a facility where I can contact them or the regional manager ? 

I’ve been extremely patient throughout this ordeal and was far from happy with the original fault which hasn’t been fixed now it’s been made worse due to something and nothing can be done is just a kop out really.

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We don't have any external details for anyone in the Networks or Headend teams I'm afraid. 

I have heard back off the area field manager now who has advised the following: 'There is currently no process to raise Latency issues to the network team. If the signal levels are good, in spec and all passive splitters, f connectors and CPE are working as expected then we have no reason to send these faults over to the network team. The network team have attended and have said that the cabinet output is at the expected level they are charged with attaining for optimum broadband and TV services. This will need raising with the network head end team.' 

I have progressed this further and the teams have advised now: 'There is currently an open ticket for this node which has had intermittent dips in SNR over the last few weeks. I will look into things now and feed things back to you.'

It's going to be a waiting game again I'm afraid but once I have any news I will come back to you. 

Thanks. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Quinnaay, 

I've heard back from the teams now advising the following: 'Work on this ticket is now complete, all alarms are now clear and modems with intermittent SNR CCER/CER issues have recovered after fix was implemented yesterday at 12:00. Multiple drop cables driving low SNR across multiple upstream carriers were the root cause of the fault. The NQI score of this node is 95% and should now not present any service issue to any customer in the nodal area, unless suffering from ‘in-home issues’.'

I am hopeful that this means you will no longer have any issues however if you do, there is really nothing else we can do I'm afraid. Please reboot your hub and equipment, and monitor for the next 24 hours. 

Please let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

To my absolute amazement it’s actually not showing packet loss since 12:00 yesterday I’ll keep an eye out but maybe that’s done it.

thanks

luke

Packet loss issue seems fixed, latency issue still persists though, which is odd because the last 2 days my latency was the best it’s ever looked.

Hi @Quinnaay

Thank you for your further post.

I have a taken a look at things from our side and can see you've had an engineer visit since posting.

How are things following that visit please?

Please pop us a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As previously mentioned we took a package which included TV the engineer just got TV working.

the packet loss has been fixed by the recent fix you made in the area, but the latency extremely bad.