cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Hi Quinnaay

Thanks for your last message 

I have had a look at this and we have an SNR issue in the local area 

This is due to be fixed on the 007/03/22 at 11:40am 

If you need an update pop back on here and quote this reference number F009671985   

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, this sounds feesible and promising, especially as It sounded like VM had given up on me. 

please do keep me updated, I’ll also keep the thread updated from my end. Hopefully see an improvement.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Quinnaay, 

Just to confirm, there has been no changes or updates on the open ticket and it is still showing an estimated repair for the 7th March '22. 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi I’ve checked the last 2 days and the packet loss has been terrible has the work been carried out?

Connection has been shocking yet again today, any update?

Hi @Quinnaay thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry.  The issue impacting your area is still ongoing.  The current estimated fix date is 18th March 2022.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi the packet loss ever since you mentioned the snr issue has been unbareable every day, it was very intermittent before with really high ping. Will this SNR rectification just prevent the packet loss that’s occurring daily now which is somewhat new, or will it also help prevent my ongoing ping issues also

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this. 

The area fault was relating to the signal levels so it can cause multiple issues. This fault was successfully closed as resolved on Friday and there is no longer an area fault affecting you. 

Please reboot your hub and pop back here to let us know if you are still having issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I haven’t rebooted yet but the last 2 days after the alleged fix have been really poor again with packet loss and ping

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/21681625c37709a3eb3915800da2256a512c2b56-19-03-2022

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b0d74c6f3c8b917b1c4af1fe254fffe680ab5153-20-03-2022

just rebooted now so will report back shortly 

Game one, speed up lag with packet loss symbol flashing up. Still not fixed.

please see live graph it’s woeful, i didn’t think it could get any worse and it has.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a09a2bd3fc05feaf2938b06ef500da5992f3e007