cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Thanks for a reply, have you chased this up again as it’s been over 2 weeks? Further more can you add to the message that the issue still is persisting in the area if it had been completed and to chase a resolution. As mentioned before I would have gone already had there been another alternative, so I would really appreciate this resolution process to continue 

Hi I’ve had a think and spoke to a few people who have had similar problems, they mentioned the potential to have some money contributed to my line as it’s so poor, is this an option ? It then gives me the ability to get another provider alongside VM for a much more stable service.

I mean realistically I’d rather this get resolved but how is that acceptable the packet loss it’s horrendous and I’m yet to have any sort of resolution have you just gave up? I’d rather you be honest

@Quinnaay I think if you read between the lines of Kath's post last Sunday, where she says they are prepared to release you from contract without any penalty, might give a strong indication of the position. As advised some time back, it does very much look as if, despite promises, nothing has actually been done, nothing is going to be done, it is what it is.

The choice is yours, put up with the situation as is or take up the offer to leave and find an alternative supplier. There really is no 'I'll keep complaining until they do something' scenario here, I promise you that a multi-billion pound company is absolutely going to wear you down long before you even begin to be an annoyance to them.

It is unfortunate for you, I agree, but that is the absolute reality of the situation, you either accept it and make plans accordingly or not.

Still waiting for someone who works from VM to respond to the above 

Hi Quinnaay, 

I have indeed re-chased this and have also sent another email today. This time I have copied in the Regional manager and am hoping they can push for a response. 

In terms of crediting the account, this isn't something we could do long term I'm afraid. If we are indeed unable to fix the issue then the only resolution we can offer would be to cancel the account with no early termination fees however if you choose not to accept this then there wouldn't be a credit provided instead. 

I am hoping to have a reply within the next few days and if not then I will discuss with my manager on where to go from here. 

Apologies once again for the delays. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for a response

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. I have finally heard back from the teams. 

They have advised that someone has been out this morning and checked all points available. They have confirmed there is a good signal output at the cabinet. Similar signal levels at the omni connection too which is optimal. 
The engineer has advised they've removed a 6db wideband attenuator from the connection to help improve things too.

I know you wanted confirmation that the relevant works had been carried out and the engineer has confirmed this to be the case. The cabinet has recently been upgraded and the work has been done. 

They have determined there is no problem with the your setup from the cabinet to the CPE and we are not seeing any problems with the Network signal getting to the cabinet either.

Due to this, if you are still having the latency issues, there is nothing further we can do I'm afraid 😞 If you do wish to cancel the services then please come back to me and I can arrange to do this for you without any early termination fees. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes an engineer has just been. He explained he couldn’t see anything obvious however explained he believes it to be something to do with Docsis and the network team.

He said he was going to report back and chase it up, he said he had something similar not too far away a month ago and they eventually got it sorted. 

I was given the impression he had an idea of the fault and was going to query it, not just give up as it seems here. 

Can I claim compensation for the last several months as per talks with Tom he said he would be able to do so due to the problems, then I’ll have a sit down and decide what to do with the service if the trouble shooting is stopping.

Also I don’t know if you can forward this image to the chap who came you can see before large amounts of packet loss, I’d also say my packet loss has been worse than ever the past week or two and I’m getting packet loss as we speak after he’s done what ever he’s done.

he mentioned it’s 56% on the over subscribed side of things and they don’t usually do anything unless it’s 80% but I have enough data now 3 months all showing peak times is the issue.