cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

There is no ETA fix on this as it stands I'm afraid. 

The ball has started rolling but it can sometimes take longer than expected depending on what works need to be done. 

I have asked for an update on an estimated fix time but not heard anything back as of yet. If and when I do, I will let you know. 

Until then it's a case of being patient and waiting I'm afraid. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi again, it’s been a week since my visit, still no update on broadband being fixed, secondly I’ve had a letter stating a price increase which ultimately I’m not happy with due to my broadband issues, thirdly I’d like to discuss the complaints and compensation procedure for the last 6 months. 

thanks

luke

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Now you have the price rise letter - you have 28 day from that to cancel the VM service/contract and incur no early disconnection fees - so you can leave for free - and discuss any compensation retrospectively.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath//VM 

what’s Happening please I’m becoming more and more impatient. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Quinnaay,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. 

I have spoken to Kath about this issue. Please refer back to Kath's most recent post. At this moment, there are no further updates on this issue, unfortunately.

We will keep you updated once there are any further updates in regards to this work being carried out. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you're unhappy with this, you can take a look at our Complaints Code of Practice page for more information, or raise a complaint on our website.

Keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

From my understanding after talking with the engineer upgrading my box takes less than 30minutes. I’ve made a formal complaint, hopefully things may start to happen.

Hi I’ve spoken to the engineer who came for a follow up as you couldn’t provide me with one. He tells me the box got upgraded today can you confirm? If so my problem still exsists and it’s driving me insane how I can’t play games. Here is todays graph and it shows maybe 10 mins of downtime? Which could be the engineers ?

please see my ping graph below :

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/befe0b59317e03867a449910dbe77ab3a48bdc56-07-02-2022

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I have fired an email over to the Area Field Manager for them to confirm whether the works have been completed on the cabinet and I await to hear back from them. 

As soon as I have a definitive answer for you, I will reply back here. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks, I’m led to believe it has been, if so can you please move on the next plan of action as if you check my live graph as of today I’m experiencing a lot of packet loss. Ultimately this has not been resolved, and I’ve waited long enough and still no closer to completion.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I assure you that as soon as Kath has any updates they will get back to you on this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.