cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Hi, I’ve just checked and it this moment it’s not bad I agree, but wait for peak hours and it’s unbareable with packet loss also. I’ve tracked it for a month and 5/6 days a week it’s unusable in peak hours.

I’ve had 3 engineers out, no other device connected via Ethernet apart from my PS5 all wires have been renewed by VM engineer and no wireless devices that could interfere near it.

I hope this area manager is going to actually monitor it at multiple times a day and over a week and he will see what I’m talking about. I’d provide screenshots of the last month they look similar to your photo 90% of the time sometimes worse.

sometimes my firestick plays up when watching things too. We don’t have many devices connected to the internet aside from 2 phones, firestick, tablet, hive and PS5.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you post up a screenshot or two (blank out the i.p. address) of the times it was really bad and unbearable so we can see if it is an obvious OU problem.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just a couple 

Also VM take a look at my graph now, typical weekend rubbish where my ping is just unplayable 120ms.

83A61010-AE91-4B8F-9D5E-4DC56324A89E.jpeg

This is right now22/1/22 shambles.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to come here to comment on why the BQM looks so poor if there is no OU issue at your location

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there @Quinnaay

Thank you so much for your post and update, I am so sorry that this is ongoing. 

I have contacted Kath and ask that she update in regards to the conversation with the AFM. 

She will be in touch as soon as she has an update. 

Thank you. 

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I was waiting for the Area Field Manager to get back in touch with me with an update. 

They have confirmed they have checked the network segment and there is no fault on the upstream or downstream network segment that you're on so there is no congestion or fault affecting you. 

They have advised there is an issue with a very small number of Hub 4's that have locked on to the wrong band. There is a remote fix in place but it's taking the teams longer than they originally thought to identify the Hub's affected. The remote fix is ongoing and so the Area Field Manager has advised they will see if they can loop in with the team heading up the change to see if there is a way they can confirm your Hub is one of those that's affected. 

Once I have another update, I will come back to you again. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the response feel free, however I had the hub 4 provided to me after having this exact issue with a SH3, so the fault I’m fairly certain won’t be the hub as dont forget I’ve had 3 engineers round to check and swap it!

the hub 4 was given to me on the second engineers visit for this exact problem, I’d advise you cascade it to them as it’s highly unlikely to be the router. I had 2 new SH3 and a SH4 in the last 3 months and it’s been the same throughout I’d guess it’s a much deeper issue, however for there own sake and peace of mind feel free to swap it.. The sooner this is fixed the better!!

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for feeding that back here. I will pass this information over to the Area Field Manager now to see if there is anything else they can think of. Usually we would just book another engineer at this point as the fault itself is not something we can fix remotely but as you've had engineers and equipment swaps, it's not really the best course of action to take. 

I will see what the Area Field Manager comes back with as he may insist on a visit instead. 

I'll be in touch soon. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs