cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Hi, Tom did mention the duplicate ticket issue and couldn’t find the original or who had sent one in. He also chased IT after and said they did have a provisioning issue that they were going to look into so whether this is related or not you know more than me but it sounds like there is still an issue there as he told me so.

Live graph is below typically it’s not as bad as usual but give it a few days any time between 1pm and 10pm is just a pure disaster as I’ve tracked it now for a whole month and it’s always the same bar the odd day or two.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a09a2bd3fc05feaf2938b06ef500da5992f3e007

@kath_F I hope people are monitoring my live graph as yet again this moment it’s unusable and very unstable 

Hi Quinnaay, 

Thanks for your private message. As mentioned previously - the only time we need to use PM is if we are swapping account information. As this isn't the case, please stick with posting in the Community. 

I haven't heard back from the Area Field Manager yet regarding this and Tom is still out of the office. He's not expected back for a while so I am having to chase with the Area Field Manager. I have sent them a chaser today and will be in touch with you once I have any information.

I understand this is frustrating for you but the account is showing no signs of where the issue is coming from. 

Hopefully I can give you an update shortly. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Going really bad again now frustrating that this is now over a month in and 3 months via phoning virgin and still not any closer. When does this end? It’s becoming a joke.

@Quinnaay it ends when you leave VM and find another provider.

The BQMs do have all the hallmarks of over utilisation (simply too many users for the local infrastructure to handle all at once). Now fixing utilisation is neither a quick nor cheap process, in some cases it simply isn’t realistically possible to do anyway, the ‘provisioning issue’ from IT just sounds, at least to me, as a bit of a fob off to keep the annoying customer quiet and off their backs for a little longer.

Realistically, you need to work on the assumption that it is absolutely not going to be fixed in the near future and start thinking about alternative providers.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this thread re. over-utilisation and Andrew’s comments in Message 20

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Internet-keeps-dropping-for-several-minutes...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for both your comments I’d been private messaging Tom for some time and he allegedly did a check for over utilisation and says it’s around 10% of what they deem a problem. Whether or not this is just rubbish is up for debate, however I’m in a bit of trouble as VM is the only provider here or I’d have gone long ago.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Quinnaay,

Thank you for coming back to us. I have checked your account for any issues again, and I cannot see any problems on our side at the moment.

I have messaged my colleague Kath, who is in touch with the Area Manager to provide a further update for you. 

We will update you as soon as we can. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I hope there looking at my BQM today it’s abysmal and I’ve been waiting for this response for about 3 weeks.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TBH - the BQM from your link doesnt look too bad to me - its better than mine (below) and I have no issues and my lad is gaming on PC/consoles with no issues whatsoever.

Whilst waiting for another response for VM (not sure they will comment on OU) can we go back to square one.  What issues is this causing on the PS5 and what problems do you have at the same time on ethernet cable connected devices like a computer or laptop.  

Do you have an ethernet switchg in the loop anywhere?   Any other wired devices like NAS, HD, etc?

And are wifi devices affected in anyway at the same time too?  If so... what devices and doing what?

Have you changed all the ethernet cables to Cat6a ones (better shielding from cross-talk/interference)?  Recheck all your wiring looks ok and undamaged and all connections are nice and tight

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 15.50.26.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.