cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beg someone to fix my latency (2month issue)

Quinnaay
Tuning in

I’ve had massive ping spikes and packet loss for 2 months now, I’ve had 3 engineers over the months one of which is today as you can see the red packet loss line when my power was off. My PS5 which is 2 ft away from my router hardwired is unusable. I’m getting download speed fine however it’s all over the place.  Please can someone help? I’ll post my stats below

119 REPLIES 119

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update @Quinnaay.

Please can you try doing a pinhole reset on your Hub? This normally eliminates any error hidden within the Hub.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

With all due respect this post is 2 months long and 10 pages deep. The issue is far beyond the router unfortunately.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate your frustration here Quinnaay,

Welcome back to the community!

I can understand due to the longevity of the issue why a factory reset may seem like it will not resolve the issue.

We advise this now as checks have been ran by the technician recently and we'd like to see whether the readings will potentially alter after that is completed.

Are you able to post a recent BQM after the reboot?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi not sure what’s going on today but it’s been absolutely horrible https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5095ab0880ba9dd73ccc247da313d43e20...

Everyone's BQM looks like poo at the moment.

It looks like a problem effecting the entire network. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@risc19 wrote:

Hi @risc19 

I would prefer to think it's a problem with the ThinkBroadband BQM side which isn't actually showing the correct live data. 

There are numerous posts where the connection hasn't changed but people are naturally worried when they see the live graph.

If there was a wider or national issue then it would be indicated when calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If it was a national issue it would be in the press by now and also on the Check Service Status pages, that's me saying that latter part hopefully in good faith 🤣

It's been passed to the Forum Team to check, however it's a weekend so probably no further info until Monday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I haven't noticed any problems with latency at the time the problems occur on the TBB graph, it seems to be one of those weird issues that affects all VM graphs from time to time, but doesn't actually impact the service.

@newapollo wrote:

@risc19 wrote:

Hi @risc19 

I would prefer to think it's a problem with the ThinkBroadband BQM side which isn't actually showing the correct live data. 

There are numerous posts where the connection hasn't changed but people are naturally worried when they see the live graph.

If there was a wider or national issue then it would be indicated when calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If it was a national issue it would be in the press by now and also on the Check Service Status pages, that's me saying that latter part hopefully in good faith 🤣

It's been passed to the Forum Team to check, however it's a weekend so probably no further info until Monday

I do not share your faith in VM I'm afraid, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Untitled.png

Thanks for coming back to us @Quinnaay

We are investigating an issue with the BQM provider at the moment to see what the issues, we will let you know of further updates, when we have them.

Regards,

Steven_L

Well had the odd couple of good hours and the back to normal. 1gb connection is absolute dross.