cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting fed up now

Rocky36
Joining in

It’s now coming up to four years I’ve been trying to get your service and getting a spotter to sort something out and I am still nowhere near to getting an answer I’ve done extensive research of my area and have discovered that the street on where my apartment block is has been cabled up but has deliberately been routed around the apartment block itself I want to know exactly what’s going on and why it has been left out while all the other properties in around and next to have the service 

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

@Rocky36 @

annoying yes, but VM have absolutely no obligation to get you connected up, now this might be down to simple economics or, possibly, corporate incompetence.

Either way, you need to give it up, it’ll happen or it won’t.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few things to point out:

1) VM will only install infrastructure on council owned streets or land. If the land is in private ownership VM usually won’t touch it due to the complicated wayleave agreements that would be needed.

2) Most communal properties, particularly any over 2 floors in height require to be internally wired.

3) There is no universal service obligation on VM services, as there is with Openreach services. Too many complications or expense & VM won’t service it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VM is keen to cable apartment blocks which are in their network area but often encounters two main problems.

1. The landlord fails to respond to or even acknowledge the request for a wayleave. This lack of engagement is particularly prevalent amongst local authorities and other public landlords.

2. Even when wayleave has been granted the landlord fails to respond to follow up requests such as a negotiation to agree access.

It's worth asking the landlord if an approach had been made by VM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rocky36

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear we've not been able to connect you as of yet, if you have registered your interest with ourselves then once our team are ready to service your area. We'll be sure to let you know

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs