cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 modem mode setup for mesh

grocerjack
On our wavelength

OK so I've received my new Hub5 today on my Volt 1Gb upgrade. My current Hub 3 system is set up in Modem mode running a TP-Link Deco mesh behind it. Nowhere in the VM instructions can I find whether or not I can just disconnect the Hub3, connect the new Hub 5, and then just put that in Modem mode and everything will be as before. Is it that simple? 

Do I connect mesh system to Hub 5 before or after setting to modem mode?  I can't be the only one who has done this with an existing mesh so all help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks 👍😃

Cheers, GrocerJack
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Exactly as you said, but after setting modem mode turn off the hub, connect the already running mesh system and then turn on hub. The hub LED should be green. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Exactly as you said, but after setting modem mode turn off the hub, connect the already running mesh system and then turn on hub. The hub LED should be green. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

grocerjack
On our wavelength
Thank you.I'm building doing the courage to start soon 👍😃
Cheers, GrocerJack

You can have only one activated hub, so if the hub 3 is still working the hub 5 will not.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

So...the order should be......

1.) disconnect the Hub 3 as instructed

2.) plug the Hub 5 in and when is running then......

3.) connect to it on 192.168.0.1

4.) set it to modem mode and save settings,

5.) Unplug the Hub 5

6) connect Deco unit 1 

7.) power up the Hub and when light is sold green I'm running 

8.) plug phone cable in to the Hub 

That's my interpretation 

Thanks Jack

Cheers, GrocerJack

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, that’s it. 

Tudor

grocerjack
On our wavelength

Cheers 😃👍

Cheers, GrocerJack