cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 flashing blue yet hub3 was ok !

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Just had 3.5 hours going round in circles trying to get my new Hub5 to connect AND speak to someone in the UK re my upgrade failure. Yes it's still flashing blue.

Yes the cable plug is securely seated. Power cycled over 5 times, factory reset twice using the button underneath. Recieved an activation text, activated again via the 0345 phone number. 3.5 hours later its still flashing blue. THE OLD HUB3 WAS WORKING PERFECTLY !!!

Had multiple attempts to speak to someone in the UK as this is probably just an activation/account issue yet no luck at all. Angrily tried to get through to a UK 'I want to leave' operator, yet no option even given ! (removed from the options). Every option I tried connected me to operators in the Philippines that I could hardly understand (dialect and poor lines). The online system tried to book an engineer for NEXT TUESDAY, FIVE DAYS WITH NO INTERNET. The foreign help desk promised one SATURDAY, SO THREE DAYS WITH NO INTERNET.

A year ago when moving into the new house I tried to move my account to the new address. It was an utter nightmare, original account was deleted and I had to buy my own connectors in the new house as those supplied were not suitable !!. THREE PROMISED ENGINEERS DIDNT SHOW UP !!!. I did somehow manage to speak to someone in the UK who eventually gave me financial compensation for the nightmare !, yet just a year later here we are again. VERY POOR SUPPORT VIRGIN !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Can an admin PLEASE check our Hub5 has been enabled properly on the system ?. Still blue flashing light this morning, there was no issue with our hub 3 !!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

do you still have the old hub - if so plug it in and see if it connects - if it does the the 5 is not activated to your account 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Spoiler
Yes, trying now....

On a side note, at third attempt to reboot the hub5 it did flash green for a while before returning to pulsing white then flashing blue as usual. (A few hours later) I just tried switching it off and on again and again it flashed green for a while in the middle of pulsing whitebefore turning blue ?.

Hub3 connected again, just a solid white light at the bottom yet Mobile WiFi claims "Internet not available"

Hub5 back on and still flashing blue. What rubbish service !!

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Can an admin PLEASE check our Hub5 has been enabled properly on the system ?. Still blue flashing light this morning, there was no issue with our hub 3 !!

@DigitalDreams wrote:

waiting here for VM to answer that will get nothing other than a request to ring - thats how this place works - going back to your earlier post you say you had a white light on the hub 3 when re connected - that suggests its connected to the network - have you reset it in which case ang modified passwords would be reset so wifi would not connect

try it with a lan cable connected to a pc or laptop

Tony.
Sacked VIP

No hub3 wasn't reset. Wifi did connect, just stated there was no Internet so disabled at their end.

ANY ADMIN ON TODAY ?, PLEASE CHECK OUR HUB5 HAS BEEN ACTIVATED PROPERLY !!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DigitalDreams 

Call the equipment activation number 0800 953 9500 (option 3)

Have your account and area number handy, and the hub serial number.

Hopefully they can activate the broadband for you

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Got through and they sent the activation yet again and asked me to switch off and on..... back to the old blue. Makes no sense beyond an account problem as the Hub3 was working perfectly (and yes the push fit connectors are all the way in)

Possibly of interest, a few screenshots if the hubs internal panel...

Screenshot_20230120_124642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230120_124509_Samsung Internet.jpg