cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 - red light

Mob14
Joining in

Have received new hub 4 every time

i try to set it up a red light comes on and stays on ,have checked connections which is fine, hub 3 works fine, have I just received a dud one!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

10 REPLIES 10

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mob14,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your hub 4.

Have you followed the activation process that comes with the hub?

^Martin

Yes I have , hub 4 starts and comes on with white light and after a while turns to red, has happened every time I try and set it up

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you say the hub3 works fine - lets just be clear

you have connected the hub4 and activated it and you get a red light

you then put the hub3 back on the connection and it works fine

if thats correct then the hub4 is not activated whatever CS may tell you

so if thats it - 0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If the issue isnt being caused by the activation mentioned above the other thing to try is to hold the pinhole reset button for a solid 30 seconds. 

If after those 2 steps you still get the red light then it will be caused by a signal issue on the cable and will require a technician to investigate. HUB4s use some different frequencies to HUB3s so it is possible for a 3 to be fine and a 4 to have an issue. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Mob14,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues setting up the new hub.

This does sound like an activation issue, have you tried contacting us on the number -tony- has provided to ensure activation has been done correctly?

Alex_Rm

I have tried to reset, didn’t work and couldn’t get thought  on the number given

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

does the hub3 still connect if so then the 4 is still not activated - a reset of either hub on the line will not do anything to activate a hub - you need to contact them on the number given

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks will try again tomorrow 

All sorted needed activation as advised, thanks for help