cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 Red light following installation

zericardo87
Joining in

I've installed my Hub4 and plugged to the wall but it doesn't detect any internet signal.

After calling VM, I was advised that they've sent an activation command and I should receive an SMS in a few minutes confirming that the service was activated but I haven't received anything yet.

I'm still with a red light on the hub and have rebooted it multiple times without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi zericardo87,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there were some issues setting up the hub, I've had a look at things from our side and can see you were able to speak to us regarding this and this looks to be resolved.

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second pinhole reset. Do not reboot but leave the hub to stabilise for 10 minutes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No luck... still red...

I've now received the SMS message saying that the "signal is activated" but no signs of connection even after factory resetting the modem.

Called VM Support again and was told that the modem is still on "Provisioning" and should be online in the next 8-10 minutes...

Also asked if it could be some issue between the Virgin box and my home connector and the agent told me that they could "see" my modem when running diagnostics on their side...

25min so far, still no internet...

Hi zericardo87,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there were some issues setting up the hub, I've had a look at things from our side and can see you were able to speak to us regarding this and this looks to be resolved.

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Yes, all good
Had to have a technician visit to connect my home to VM's cabinet.