cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 - solid yellow after setup

JEE52
Tuning in

Hi, new to this sort of thing.. and the virgin company!

I've set up onto broadband only, and have had WiFi for a few days. Although all I see is a solid yellow light. I've tried look on the app to turn a devices WiFi off and kept getting an error. Then I went to reset the hub and now I can't connect and it won't authenticate the connection?? Please help me ASAP!

Note: when I received my router, I called customer services as it didn't look new, it had marks all over it and grime on the back and the login card. After noting this with customer services I'm told that there is no stock for replacements and I'll be notified in (x) days? This isn't really a great start with a new company so far! 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes that's correct.  When it boots up it will flash green while its searching for network.  It will then lock DOCSIS 1 and go solid green and is searching frequency's to lock onto.  When that's done it will go solid white/yellow 

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Richw1982
Rising star

Try a pinhole reset to force any updates.  Press and hold reset button on back for 15 seconds then release for 5.  Repeat this 3 times and wait 10 mins for it to load back up.

A  solid yellow light isn't unusual though as it can be the LED fitted but doesn't usually affect service

Hi, thanks for your response. I tried this and its still the same 😞 

Spoke to CS and the chap said that a solid yellow light means everything is running perfectly fine, is that right then? The Internet is OK now and the app is working again. Just seems odd that that a yellow light is good and a green is bad lol

Yes that's correct.  When it boots up it will flash green while its searching for network.  It will then lock DOCSIS 1 and go solid green and is searching frequency's to lock onto.  When that's done it will go solid white/yellow 

That's brilliant, thanks! Now I'm just waiting for my replacement router (given that when I received this one it was covered in muck and fingerprints) 

Thanks again!

Z92
Trouble shooter

Do note that the replacement may also be covered in fingerprints because VM do need to recycle routers from people who have cancelled their services or upgraded.

Oh right, so when they say it's a new router when setting up a new contract, it's not actually a new router?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dont hold your breath for a replacement hub - it may happen but then again the agent managed to end the call with you happy - better than hanging up which they often do!

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thats how I see it too tbh. Spoke to someone this morning and he confirmed that the system will automatically sort it but either way, fingers crossed hey! 🤞

@JEE52 wrote:

Oh right, so when they say it's a new router when setting up a new contract, it's not actually a new router?

It'll be 'new to you'..

Technically you are only renting the hub anyway and as VM are responsible for it - including fixing it; all they have to do is supply a working one!

I agree - they should have at least cleaned it up and tried to make it 'look' new!!

I think the worse one was (and I hope he was joking) someone that had dried baked beans on it............

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7