cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 base light flashing

siha
Tuning in

Hi,

I am a new customer of VM, have set up the hub3 as instructed from guidance, got wifi connected BUT NO INTERNET,( only wifi green light lit up ), the green light keeps flashing at the bottom.

As the VM box has been outside the property for over 10 years ? I just wonder if it need to be upgraded ?

Have refer to this helpful forum to resolve but could not locate the exact problem.

Please help. I urgently need of internet connection

Thanks in advance. 

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could be the hub is not activated, please try:

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it activated?

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Hi Cad / Tudor,

Thanks for your swift response.

I did ring the 03454541111 to activate and it's the guidance from a bot ?

Just rang up the number you gave ( just wonder why did VM not give this number to advise of the activation ? ) , spent over 20 mins and was advised that the line should be working ? But still got the base light flashing. Perhaps, I need to wait for at least 30 mins ?

Thanks again for your support

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the base light constantly flashes and does not occasionally go solid green then there is a signal fault & a technician is required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Nod,

How do I book a technician through this forum which can be quicker? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@siha wrote:

Thanks Nod,

How do I book a technician through this forum which can be quicker? 

You will have to wait until the Forum Team pick up on the thread, which could be a couple of days. Threads are reviewed for response in strict rotation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this:

pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @siha,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you were having with your hub activation, I can see that you have had a technician appointment, has everything now been resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Yes. It's been sorted. Thanks.

• By the way, I noticed that the technician had to reset from the main station across the road. Then he reconnected the cables..and the hub settled with an amber light and working ok 🙂.