cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 Solid Red Led Light no internet connection

Menorthern
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I am having an issue with my Hub3 in modem only mode, it has been working fine in its current location but today has now stopped working and is showing a solid Red Led on the front.

I have run the online tests via my iPhone which all say the Hub3 is working correctly, but I have no connection to the internet via my LAN network. The router I have connected to the Hub3 show an external IP address but no internet access.

The information on the forums seems to suggest the unit has over heated and stopped  working, but this only happened late in the day.

I have rebooted both a number of time but still no change, I have had a similar issue before when I was using a Hub3 as the router and the engineer who came out advised I had “burned the unit out due to very high use / constant high traffic”.Then then advised (after installing a new Hub3) I would be better to use it in modem only and use a 3rd party router, which has now worked fine since.

If this is indeed the same issue please can you arrange a replacement, or better to be sent out to my home as this will be the 4 or 5 unit that’s failed since having a Hub3 installed. 

45 REPLIES 45

Menorthern
On our wavelength

Hi Akua_A,

It all started working as it was this morning only at half speed (150) but stopped between then and midday when my wife come home with nothing after that.

I have reset, rebooted as noted with limited success. I can get the Hub working as a router but when switching to modem only I loose the internet still. When I reboot everything I get an IP address and a short connection to the internet then it disconnects. I will get a connection once in a while for under a minute or less and I am still unable to login via 192.168.100.1 in modem only mode. 

If I switch the hub to router mode on 192.168.0.1 and set my router to 192.168.1.1 I can get most of my connected devices to work but not when in modem only mode.

I've had a look at the connection and equipment from our side and everything appears to be within the ranges and spec's we'd expect Menorthern.

This doesn't mean there isn't an issue, and it may be an issue with the sensor in the Hub giving false readings for the temperature. Was the Hub recently replaced and has been replaced numerous times? 

Rob

I had the Hub replaced last year after the engneer visited a number to time due to having no connection, which on his last visit changed the Hub and remade the connectrions to me home in the road (green Box)

I have got my connection back by using the hub in router mode and switching it to 192.168.2.1 so i dont have to reconfige all my connected devices, also to confirm it was not my router at fault.

I’m still unable to use the router in modem only mode even after rebooting and resting as advised and I’m currently using a work around. Can a replacement be arranged to be sent out to me??? As it wood seen the Hub I have is faulty……

Sorry to hear the issue with the Hub is still ongoing Menorthern, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details form you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

Thanks for the information Menorthern, I have book and appointment for you, please visit here or log into your online account to view the date and time.

Also, if there are any individuals shielding in the property or the appointment isn't a good time for you let me know and I can look to reschedule it.

Thanks

Rob

The technician (70378) arrived as agreed on Saturday 8.00am, who switched the Hub in to modem only mode and all worked, he remade all the internal and external connections to rule out any issues with them. As I advised on here and to the technician this had happened before with the connection dropping out after a number of hours, and I have woken up today to no internet though the Hub in modem only mode again with the connection started dropping out around 6am with a total lost about 8.30am.

I followed his advice of resting the router by holding in the rest button for 1min which has allowed me to connect to the internet via the Hub in router mode but again after switching back to modem only I am unable to connect to the internet. I have tried this a number of time now with no change.

The technician left a contact number to call if I lost connection again which I have called but being a Sunday I am only able to leave a voice mail.

Please can you now arrange for a replacement Hub to be sent out to me as there is a fault with the one I have? 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi menorthern,

I can get this arranged for you. I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Well this is going a well as I expected, when it’s working it’s all good but when it goes wrong don’t expect any type of quick fix, you are all keen to send out engineer and replacement hub but actually fixing the issue seems to allude you….

So far:-

I’ve had a engineer out who was told the issue and that it had worked but then would drop out, outcome, remade connection left number if it went off again and left. As expected and advised internet dropped out the next morning. Call engineer but as it was Sunday (and rightly so) not picking up, left a message to call me back, still waiting.

Come back to the forum to try and get it sorted, new hub advised as being sent out. New hub arrived, well I say new I’ve been issued with the old style hub 2ac. Followed the instructions supplied with the hub and checked all connections waited 30mins but no internet, reset and tried again but this time waited 1hr still nothing. Called the help line to be told “thank you your new hub is now activated” at what point was I meant to do this as it is not noted in the instructions supplied.  Again waited 30min to 1hr still no connection…..

Called help number, answered after 20min had a short chat then on hold again for 10min to be told all should be now working but I still no internet. He tried 2 more times but still no luck, advised he will now pass me to the “better” technical support but due to the time they are now closed and I will get a call back tomorrow between 8 and 5pm which is great but due to having to earn a living to pay for this simply  poor service I will not be in.

so once again and for another day/night I will be without my paid for internet  connection………….

can I please have this resolved and confirmation  I will not be charged for the days I have been without internet, this is all getting beyond a joke now.

Good Morning @Menorthern, and I'm sorry to hear of the frustration caused.

I've looked into the account and the hub is appearing as online, did you have any access to the services last night or earlier this morning?

What I have also noticed is that we have had an outage raised in the local area from 09:00 until 15:00 today.

Can you please come back to us after 15:00 with an update on the status of the connection? If you can try both Wi-Fi in the same room and an Ethernet connection, that would be appreiciated

Kindest regards,

David_Bn