cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub seeding team

Brownystar
Joining in
  • Can anyone tell me what the hub seeding team is as apparently because I've requested a hub 4 and not on the 1gig speed it needs sending to them
8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sounds like offshore gobbledegook, but why have you requested a Hub4 if you are not going on to the 1GB package. The Hub4 is no better - and many say its worse - than the Hub3.

Getting new equipment carries the opportunity for VM to start you on a new 18 month contract - did you discuss that with them?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Oh excellent; the 'Hub Seeding Team'; is it OK to add this to the forthcoming edition to my book 'BS excuses and Outright LIES by Virgin Media offshore Customer Support' (I may have to rethink the title)!

Available from all good booksellers (and quite a few not so good ones) 😃

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see, you plant them, and hope they grow into a working hub6!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Brownystar wrote:
  • Can anyone tell me what the hub seeding team is as apparently because I've requested a hub 4 and not on the 1gig speed it needs sending to them

This explains the recent shortage of new hubs. The seeds must be taking longer than expected to germinate!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virgin's Customer Service Team leave one with a very difficult choice.  To laugh, or cry?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TBF..... if you worked in the VM Marketing Department and given the task of deciding who the lucky winners of the Hub5 lottery were to be.... then.... "Hub Seeding Team" is something you would be most likely to dream up for your office door.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a reference to the recent activity where some customers were contacted and offered a Hub 4 in order to help manage the network by moving those customers onto the D3.1 network.

The Hub 4s were therefore 'seeded' into more homes.

You can't currently request a Hub 4 unless it's part of a Gig1 upgrade. Any Hub 4 for other tiers of service are invite only (as is the Hub 5)

Only customers with older SuperHubs can currently request a Hub upgrade without a change of service, and that'll be to a Hub 3 via the link in the Connect app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Brownystar
Joining in

Thanks for all replays. It turns out the seeding team are the ones that have to get the hub set up on lower speed internet service. As for entering into a new contract because of the new hub no they haven't extended my contract and yes I have got the hub 4 coming Monday 10th.

I never received any invite email to upgrade the hub I just got in contact via online chat and requested the new hub 4