Menu
maxcarrion
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub resetting

Hi

My virgin hub keeps resetting back to default user name and password, it's done it 3 times in the last week

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub resetting

@maxcarrion wrote:

Hi

My virgin hub keeps resetting back to default user name and password, it's done it 3 times in the last week

Do a  pinhole reset to factory settings.  Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that.  See if that sorts it - if not report back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi maxcarrion

Did the pinhole reset jbrennand take care of this? If you're still having any issues with this please let us know 

Thanks 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

maxcarrion
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The pinhole reset held for a couple of weeks but I've just restarted the router as it had dropped all connections and was not allowing ethernet or WiFi connections - its now accepting connections again but the settings have again reverted to default

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello maxcarrion, 

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry you're still struggling with this. I think we should try a replacement. We just need to confirm your delivery address and we can do this via online chat. 

Catch you again soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
maxcarrion
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So, how do I do that?  It's now resetting the password/wifi name every few days but I can't find a chat option that will allow me to confirm a delivery address

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maxcarrion,

Sorry about that. I'll pop you a quick PM so I can get some details to help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos