cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub no longer turns on

Mimisefthymiou
Joining in

My Hub has suddenly stopped working in the middle of the day.

I have booked a technician who is due to be arriving tomorrow. If the hub needs replacement, will the technician have replacement hubs along with them or will that have to be a separate fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
By stopped working, do you mean.... dead to the world - or no connectivity but flashing lights everywhere?

The Tech will usually just swap the Hub from their stock and see if that fixes it. If not they will then investigate the cabling/connections etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
By stopped working, do you mean.... dead to the world - or no connectivity but flashing lights everywhere?

The Tech will usually just swap the Hub from their stock and see if that fixes it. If not they will then investigate the cabling/connections etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey John,

It is seemingly dead to the world. No lights are coming on. I've tried to use a different socket, etc, but nothing seems to work.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Other than testing/swapping the fuse in the plug - all you can do is wait for the Tech.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you John, I'll do just that.

Hi there @Mimisefthymiou, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you had been having issues with your hub. I hope the engineer who visited was able to have this resolved for you.

If you need anything further please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules