cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub has constant red light

Lawsla
Tuning in

Hi - our hub has had a constant red light for at least a fortnight now and this is despite many resets etc.  From the forum I understand this means it is over heating and may need replacing - it’s coming up to being 5 years old.

hopefully someone can help….

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lawsla,

Thank you for reaching out via private message and supplying that additional information.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician to come out to the property to take a closer look at things for you to get this sorted out ASAP. We can't discuss the date/time of a booking publicly, but you can check and reschedule if needed by logging in your My Virgin Media online account and heading here.

If you or anyone else in the property displays flu-like symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or is asked to self-isolate then please reschedule the appointment accordingly.

Let us know how the visit goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lawsla,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your router lately and that it's displaying a red light. Can you confirm if this is a Hub 3 that you have? Is the light a solid red colour, or does it flash red?

Along with this, do you know if the router is hot to the touch and also has enough ventilation where it's currently installed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  It is a constant red light, the router doesn’t feel particularly hot, and it has been in the same location for some years now with no problem. It is in a corner - but with clear space around it.

thanks again.

Hi @Lawsla,

Thank you for confirming. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can grab some additional details from you to investigate this further.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lawsla,

Thank you for reaching out via private message and supplying that additional information.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician to come out to the property to take a closer look at things for you to get this sorted out ASAP. We can't discuss the date/time of a booking publicly, but you can check and reschedule if needed by logging in your My Virgin Media online account and heading here.

If you or anyone else in the property displays flu-like symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or is asked to self-isolate then please reschedule the appointment accordingly.

Let us know how the visit goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thanks for your help - visit is all scheduled.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lawsla

Thanks for letting us know 🙂 Please do keep us posted on how things go with your engineer visit.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi

router all sorted thanks.  But don’t seem to be able to get the virgin extenders to have the the same network name not a vast issue, but puzzling all the same - even when I use the connect app.  So if you’ve any thoughts they’d be most welcome.

I should add the engineer was excellent as was the speed of response.

thanks

lawrence 

Hi Lawsla

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is this a pod or boosters please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi - they’re Virgin boosters.

thanks

lawrence