cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub connection issue

Monetsgarden13
Tuning in

Hi, I have a Hub3. I’ve had trade workers in and unfortunately disconnected my cables. I have a 4-way splitter. I have got TV (& TiVo box, although green arrows symbols appear on the TiVo box) working but broadband hub box has green lights flashing on the hub3 at the bottom with wireless sign also in permanent green. I’ve tried reconnecting wires in diff positions but no luck - when I change positions I lose the tv connection. Cannot find any guide to the correct set up. Is there a specific way on the 4-way splitter to connect the cables to connect from wall to broadband via the splitter to get both TV and broadband working? Virgin engineer booked but can’t come for 3 days. Appreciate any help as to the correct set up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO I think you have the unit upside down. 

The yellow and blue cables go into the ports that are close together.  The screwed power lead goes to where the yellow cable is and the silver connector goes to where the blue cable is. ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

Might help to see a photo of the splitter showing the markings on the label for each port.

Thanks for the reply. The connection to the wall socket is the RED cable. I have the yellow end cable running from hub3 box to the splitter. 

5DCA9BA5-3A8A-42D3-8911-852DCD4DFF92.jpeg

Can’t seem to attach a photo as only permitted to attach a 1mb photo. Will try again. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO I think you have the unit upside down. 

The yellow and blue cables go into the ports that are close together.  The screwed power lead goes to where the yellow cable is and the silver connector goes to where the blue cable is. ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks so much - resolved the issue completely. It looks like the tradesman put it back together wrong after finishing their work.

one further question if anyone can help - are home phone sockets required anymore?? Most phones are moving to digital I believe so can we remove all sockets and plaster?? Grateful for any thoughts. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most ISP’s are moving to “Digital Voice” using VOIP. However older phone sockets can still be used in some cases for extensions. Mine are still in use for this very reason even though I have VOIP. 

The choice of removing them is up to you.