Menu
HeatherE
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub broken - engineer visit unnecessary?

Hi,

We broke our hub during some living room renovations, I called support yesterday and tried explaining this to the guy on the phone but he obviously had his script and was insistent upon having me do the basic troubleshooting (which didn't work, since, as I already told him, our hub is physically broken).

He went and booked an engineer for Tuesday which I feel is a little unnecessary - plus I can see now on this forum that people often just have new hubs sent to them via post.

Since we broke the modem I know this is chargeable to us either way. Do the engineers carry stocks of hubs or would they simply verify the hub is broken and order us a new one? Because I'd really just like to get this solved as quickly as possible, regardless of the cost to us.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub broken - engineer visit unnecessary?

Technicians are free and have plenty stock on the van.  They can attend quicker than postage and give a timeslot of arrival.  I'm sure the technician  will be happy to have an easy job

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Make us of the technician, ensure that he checks signal and speeds.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and give him tea and biscuits!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's a good thing that an engineer does it in case signal levels need adjusting.Regards Micky
0 Kudos