cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 stuck in a loop on "Applying your settings..."

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

In case this happens to anyone else I just had a new hub installed by a Virgin engineer (as he had to wire multiple phone sockets. I logged into the hub and was asked to reset the admin password - next step was to enter my existing Wi-Fi network name and password - then click to go ahead and apply my settings. 2 hours later I still have a spinning "fan" and "Applying your settings...". However, I logged into the hub using my new password from another browser window and all my new settings are there. 

I couldn't find anything there about that issue so was almost tempted to reset the hub - I'm pleased I didn't. I can connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable, so it seems OK.

Now I just need to figure out why my 2016 MacBook only gets 9Mbps sitting right by the hub, whereas my older mac mini gets 270Mbps (my contract is for 250 Mbps)

5 REPLIES 5

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

Just replying so I could tag "Email me when someone replies"

Hi Neilbarstow,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with this issue you encountered! This will be really helpful for anyone else having the same issue 🙂 I'm glad you managed to sort the issue out yourself!

I understand you're having speed issues with your MacBook, do you feel this is more of a device issue or do other devices have the same connection problem within the home? 

Thanks!

Megan_L

Hi Megan

thanks. Yes my macbook issue is still there. I only have good coverage in 3 rooms, the rest of my house is down to 10Mb or so with some rooms totally without Wi-Fi. When I use the Connect app it gives an error in the rooms with no wifi. 
I need the three pods but I dread a long wait in the phone and haven’t been able to order via the Connect app. It dies tank he to pods but then offers me the opportunity to upgrade to something like Wi-Fi Max. 
it also sends me to MyVirginMedia but there’s nowhere to order pods there. 
I should get them as I am a Virgin o2 customer. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@neilbarstow wrote:

<SNIP>   next step was to enter my existing Wi-Fi network name and password - then click to go ahead and apply my settings. 2 hours later I still have a spinning "fan" and "Applying your settings...". However, I logged into the hub using my new password from another browser window and all my new settings are there. 

I suspect when you logged onto the Hub with the initial browser window, it will have one set of credentials.  Now when you changed the settings, and hit apply, the old credentials now longer worked and this browser window lost connection, hence the spinning wheel. Once you opened a new windows with the new credentials it worked.  I assume you did this over wifi?  Perhaps it would have worked better with a cabled connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks I did do it over a cable. If the reset disconnects the browser I guess everyone making changes to the hub will have the same issue