cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 problem - light going out

jones79
On our wavelength

Good morning

I have a Hub 5, working fine until last night.

I have been using it in modem mode - with fixed white light on the Hub itself.

However, began having connection problems yesterday and thorugh to today - intermittently I am losing broadband seemingly (and phone line). I've noted what appears to happen is the lights go out completely on the front of the Hub.

A simple reboot brings it back to life, but then invariably, within an hour, it again misbehaves and no lights.

Tried a factory reset of the hub, but no joy. Still an issue.

Not helpful that the Service Status page says may be problem in my postcode (post running a test), but is vague and lacking detail.

Any insight, in particularly on why the lights may be going out compeltely on the Hub, yet works fine after a reboot?

Will call Virgin when i get a chance today, but thought I'd post here to see if anybody has experienced same?

Thanks!

Rhys

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are in modem mode on a Hub5 then the LED should be green not white. Also check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jones79
On our wavelength

Apoligies - i have it in router more only, hence the white light - my error.

The telephone number message does suggest local issues to be fair, I will still call them however.

But am puzzled as to why no lights show when down? Given this isn't noted anywhere here for instance:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working

Hey jones79, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear you are having connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see there is an SNR outage lasting until 4th Feb 2023, this will be affecting the overall performance for the internet.

You can keep an eye for update here  or our outage outline 0800 561 0061. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?