cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 power supply

Keithwalton101
Tuning in

Can anyone tell me where to get a new power supply for the Hub 5? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.  Otherwise you will have to phone in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Virgin Media will need to send you one.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Any idea how I can actually order one? Have spent over 2 hrs on WhatsApp chat trying to get it sorted over last 2 days.

Tried phoning but automated system eventually hung up after telling me to use the website.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.  Otherwise you will have to phone in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Keithwalton101,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're missing some cabling for your Hub 5. Have you been able to discuss and arrange a replacement with the team since your posts, or do you still need our assistance with this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Been told on the phone that replacement is being sent in the post but told on WhatsApp chat that this is not possible and I will have to have an engineer sent out (with a £25 call out charge). Not sure what’s happening. Fingers crossed a new adapter will arrive in the post this week. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The £25 fee is if you broke the power supply, if it just failed you should not have to pay.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @Keithwalton101,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue and providing some more information.

Can you tell us if you've received the power supply as requested? 

Can you tell us if your kit arrived without a power supply unit or if it had one but did not work? Please let us know so we can investigate further if needed.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The cable was damaged by a pet. I have no issue paying for a replacement power adapter to be sent out in the post but can’t afford to take time off work to wait in for an engineer. 

A HDMI cable arrived this morning in the post but this is not the cable that needs replaced. 

Hi @Keithwalton101

It will need an engineer visit booked. If you'd like us to do this for you, please let us know so we can arrange.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill