cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not working

MrKeyserSoze
Tuning in

Hello,

My Hub 5 got accidentally turned off today and when it came back on, I just have a continuous flashing white light.

Tried of variety of things to get it started even tried to do a factory reset, but light continues to flash white.

tried the support bot and it doesn’t even have hub 5 listed, been waiting for a long time for a Virgin Media representative to respond.

Frustrated! Any ideas

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See if there is a known network fault.

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. .

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

cathy2
Tuning in

This is the same problem im having and still having. They replaced my box just before christmas electric went of today and its now doing the same thing flashing white light no internet . You will need someone to come out sadly or it will drive you mad. I got yet another one coming out tomorrow and im going to go back to hub 3 as this has been nothing but stress. When it did work some things wouldnt work . Good luck

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing you could try as a last resort is a pin hole reset of the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

One thing you could try as a last resort is a pin hole reset of the hub.

OP says they have tried a reset - last resort could be a lump hammer judging by other problems with the hub5

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks all for suggestions and yeah I had tried the reset.

Virgin are sending out an engineer, I just hope they bring a Hub 5 with them, I can’t see what else they can do.

cheers!

Thanks for getting back to us @MrKeyserSoze

Please do keep us updated with how the tech visit goes?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi all,

The engineer came and swapped out the hub 5 for a new one, all is working great again, although I am a little concerned it might happen again. However broadband restored and the engineer was a great friendly guy.

Hi there @MrKeyserSoze

Thank you for updating us and I'm so glad to hear things are looking better! 

If this does happen again please do let us know via the forums and we will do all we can to resolve this for you! 

Thank you.