cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not working

Rajaodedra
Joining in

Recently got the new hub 5 delivered to me and i set it up today morning. Followed the instructions which stated that the white light on the hub wil flash for 30 minutes and will then steady and the hub will be good to go. The white light did not stop flashing so i called virgin media who first said the issue is that my current internet package was not volt so it would not work with the new hub. I was pretty annoyed that this was not made clear when upgrading to the hub 5, but got the package changed over to a volt one and was told to reboot the hub and it will work. I did this and still the same issue occured, the white light didnt stop flashing. So i called again and they said an engineer needs to come out to the property to find the issue. However i am isolating due to covid so the engineer was booked to come in a weeks time, but this means that i will have no internet for a week so i asked if my old hub 3 can be re activated in the meantime. They refused and said this is not possible. 

Now i am left to spend christmas week with no wifi and poor mobile data signal in the house to even hotspot.

Is it really true that my old hub 3 can not be reactivated? Has anyone had a similar expericance with the hub 5?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a new line of rubbish from CS - the hub5 or any hub has no idea what package you are on other than the details in the config file - volt or not it matters not

of course you can get the hub3 re assigned to your account - the agent either did not know how or could not be bothered - i suspect offshore it certainly sounds like their BS

but lets start at the beginning - have you activated the hub5 - 0800 953 9500 - if not you need to BUT if not you may find if you put the hub3 back on it will work

will flag the thread and lets see what VM can do over and above my suggestions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rajaodedra,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub 5 at the moment!

I'm glad to hear that a technician appointment is already booked in. Sorry to hear that you are not well and are needed to self-isolate. 

As @-tony- advised, we can re-activate your Hub 3 to keep your connection active. I will do my best to have this resolved for you as soon as I can. In order to do this, I will need to confirm a few details with you via PM. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page! I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Another case of an innocent paying customer having bug-ridden trial equipment dumped on them.

Disgraceful behaviour by Virgin Media. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rajaodedra,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message! I'm glad to hear that your Hub 3 is back up and running after we have been able to re-activate it.

Please keep us updated on how your Hub 5 appointment goes and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mine was also not working & it got fixed.

Hi ddevi

Sorry to hear you also experienced Hub 5 issues but we're pleased to hear these have now been resolved.

If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob