cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not connecting

tammydyas
Tuning in

Hi 

I managed to eventually get a power lead for my hub 5 but when I'm trying to set it up it just keeps flashing white and won't connect to the Internet no matter how long I leave it to set up. Is it faulty?

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what exactly are you doing - i assume you are an existing customer that has an older [better] hub and have convinced yourself or VM have convenience you the 5 is better

that apart have you activated the 5 - if not your old hub will be the one on the account so will still be working

ring 0800 953 9500 to activate the 5 - dont send your old hub back you might just find [as many others] that the 5 is not all its cracked up to be

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thankyou,  

I will try activating it.  We currently have the hub 3 and we're losing signal completely atleast 4 times a day so thought I would give the 5 a try.

I'll take your advice though and keep the hub 3 just incase 😊

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

depends why you are losing signal - if its the input then changing the hube is unlikely to help if its wifi then the 5 is no better than the 3 and in some cases does not perform as well - some devices will not connect

its still in trial - sof launch VM say 0 no - i have no idea either

you would be better [maybe] looking at why you are losing the signal rather than hoping a hub change might help

Tony.
Sacked VIP

keep hold of your hub 3 its tons better than hub 4 and hub 5. i have the hub 4 and had to buy my own netgear router and go modem mode so my wifi stayed active all the time. the hub drops wifi like a hot potato . i am on 1gygabute and altough wired to pc gets 938 download the wifi side is the pits.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tammydyas,

Thanks for your post and thank you @-tony- for providing the information and advice you have so far. As mentioned, the Hub is in a Soft Launch/Trial period, and you may encounter a few issues - so keep hold of your Hub 3 for now, unless we request it back directly.

I've done some checks on the account and it looks like the Hub 5 hasn't been activated on our end. I'm going to pop you a PM to get things sorted. Please look out for my PM in the top-right of our Forums in the purple envelope,

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ