cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not activating

ar6544
Joining in

Received hub 5 on Friday tried to connect. Got text to confirm it was now activated in place of previous hub 4 and after several hours all hub 5 is doing is flashing blue. Called activation line several times and the next to useless advisors told me several different things. One said hub 5 was showing but not responding back. Another said they would escalate and it would work in a few hours and a couple of others said that the hub was showing on there end as being switched off. Also old hub 4 was deactivated and no long worked just flashed red so left with no internet. Activation line advisor arranged an engineer for Saturday who came out minus a replacement hub 5 as they were too new and they were not kept on the van only available through the post. Engineer could not activate the hub 5 either so ended up reactivating old hub 4 and advised me that anyone offered a hub 5 was basically being used as a guinea pig by virgin media and it seemed like my hub 5 had been sent to me before virgin had a chance to register the serial number on there database and I should try to reconnect the hub 5 in a few weeks to see if the serial number had been registered so it would show up and respond on virgin media's system. Not at all happy at having my internet connection broken for over 24 hours until an engineer came to rectify and not happy that I was offered a hub 5 to improve my WiFi performance as virgin put it for them to send me a hub which clearly hasn't been tested properly and clearly isn't fit for purpose!!  So now have a nice shiny hub 5 sitting in the box that will not activate and if I risk trying to connect it again I may be left without internet until an engineer can come out again as the activation line advisors all refused to reconnect my old hub 4 over the phone and all said an engineer had to attend. 

Has anyone else managed to activate their hub 5 in the last few days and if so how or has everyone been sent duds after Christmas?

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 was originally in a trial, but has now moved to soft launch.  It is still with several firmware issues in Router mode.  I wouldn't be in any great rush to activate it and would stick with the Hub 4 in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ar6544,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your new hub 5.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that the hub is active on our system.

Have you been able to activate your hub since you last posted on this thread?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi yes managed to get it activated yesterday. Called activation line again and gave them the Mac address and this time the advisor managed to activate it and get it connected.

Hi @ar6544

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear this is all working for you now. I hope you have a great day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs