cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 installation - positive experience so far

BatletUK
Up to speed

Probably going to regret this 😎 But I want to report a positive (so far) install experience for the Hub 5.

Replacing a previous Hub 3

Hub 5 arrived, at 12:14, online less than 20 mins later. Don't know if VM have changed anything about the setup but it was already activated. I did check it out in router mode for few minutes, most of my devices seemed to find it and were happy.

But it's in modem mode now anyway. 😎

One thing I noticed is the power levels* are slightly different from the Hub 3, but the SNR is better, so I guess that's just chipset improvements.

*As others have said, can see power levels in router mode but not in modem mode. No big deal I guess.

One extremely minor niggle, I would have preferred the Hub3 style DC adapter for neatness, not a big fan of plugpack adapters, but honestly that's nitpicking at best.😈

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BatletUK wrote:

Probably going to regret this 😎 But I want to report a positive (so far) install experience for the Hub 5.   <snip> 

Good to hear, and I would expect it in Modem mode.   🙂

However Router mode is still in "soft launch" and not so stable at present.  No doubt a few more firmware updates and it should be good for mainstream release.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks