cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 could i get

heardd11
Fibre optic

Hub 5 could I get as i have a Samsung s22 ultra with WiFi 6e only getting  500mb not 840 mb David 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@heardd11 wrote:

Hub 5 could I get as i have a Samsung s22 ultra with WiFi 6e only getting  500mb not 840 mb David 

Those speeds are entirely nominal and you won't get anything like either unless you are very, very close to the Hub.

As John says, get a proper WiFi 6 router and you'll get better speeds at better ranges.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub do you currently have?

I "think" Hub5's are now being offered to new 1GB customers - not sure about existing customers yet.

You could of course short circuit the whole VM Hub process by getting your own wifi6 router now - decent ones start at ~£60 and the router will be a quantum jump in performance over that in the VM Hub 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hub 4 at the moment  David 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@heardd11 wrote:

Those speeds are entirely nominal and you won't get anything like either unless you are very, very close to the Hub.

As John says, get a proper WiFi 6 router and you'll get better speeds at better ranges.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.