cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 band width issues

Lewesgirl
Joining in

Hi so we have a new hub 5 which should be great but having some set up difficulties. So need 2.4gh and 5gh so have managed to create these but has lost original one which we need as well, as teenagers with gaming computers need to access both. So it needs to show 3 options. Help! 

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Lewesgirl wrote:

Hi so we have a new hub 5 which should be great but having some set up difficulties. So need 2.4gh and 5gh so have managed to create these but has lost original one which we need as well, as teenagers with gaming computers need to access both. So it needs to show 3 options. Help! 

you can have split bands or joined bands - if i read your post correctly you cannot have both

and why do you assume the hub5 should be great - i suggest you read some posts on here to see it has many problems

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

you can have split bands or joined bands - if i read your post correctly you cannot have both” this is very true of all VM hubs, but other networking equipment makes certainly allow more than one SSID, my Access Points allow up to 8 per band.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- wrote: why do you assume the hub5 should be great - i suggest you read some posts on here to see it has many problems

I'd have thought all the Hub 5 users would assume that it would be great, because they weren't told that they were being offered a trial device laden with bugs, and VM's own description is positively glowing.  Let's do a word-soup directly from VM's gushing prose: 

next-generation, peak WiFi performance, future-proof,  connected devices, more WiFi antennae, more devices...at the same time, expanding coverage and stability, improves WiFi performance, increased WiFi speeds, lower latency

For those who aren't protected by a exoskeleton of experience-hardened scepticism, why would they not expect the Hub 5 to be fab?  When you look at my distilled version it's quite obvious the original draft also featured "walks on water", and "turns lead into gold", which sadly got cut from the official release version.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m a total sceptic when it comes to advertising literature of any sort, I do not believe it until I can prove it’s correct by my own investigation. For anything it’s research, research and then verify. Unfortunately these days people are of the mind set that if it’s new, it must be the best thing going. You only have to look at the posts on the board, none lately, of people clamouring for the Hub5 as soon as they knew it was released.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lewesgirl thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're having band width issues with your hub 5.  How have things been since you last posted?

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee

We managed to resolve this and everything is working. So far we haven't had any issues with connections and we are getting really good speeds and strong signal all around the house. We had hub 3 before so notice a real improvement.  I know there are lots of negatively about the 5 but so far so good for us! 

Hi Lewesgirl, 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I'm glad to see everything is working fine for you.

If you need anything else please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules