cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 & Virgin Media Connect App

Schmill
Dialled in

I've used the Virgin Media Connect App (Android) for years with my Super Hub 3 without issue and it worked really well.

I recently got "upgraded" to the Hub 5 and was told to use the Connect App to connect to the router and do a survey of my home to determine whether I needed any wifi boosters; however the connect app refuses to connect to the Hub 5 at all. Any time I try to connect to the hub from the app it says it cannot locate the hub and I should do the installation again (which I've tried) and it ends up at the same place.

I've tried deleting all stored data , clearing the cache, same result.

Hub 5 details:

Hardware version1.1
Software versionLG-RDK_3.18.30-2112.12

UPDATE: This morning I deleted the app entirely from my phone, reinstalled it, and now when I try to "sign in with virgin media account" it shows "Sorry - We couldn't connect you to the server. Please try again in a moment"

My Broadband Ping - My VM Connection
22 REPLIES 22

Now the app has stopped working and can’t find the hub despite the internet/Wi-Fi working just fine.

12085867-6959-4934-8EBA-6193AA3A2421.png

Tried all the suggested steps, which seem more for if you don’t have any internet, and spoke to VM three times about this issue. Twice I was told someone would get in touch with me about my issue (they didn’t) and the third time was told it was a known issue affecting a small number of iOS users, which I think is BS, and to look out for a future release of the connect app.

Pretty unimpressed but I guess at least can see what is connected by going to 192.168.0.1 in a browser but it’s super mobile unfriendly.

Hi @akastu thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your Hub.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.
Pop back and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply but yeah have tried all those suggestions already so I suspect I’m suffering from the data issue, especially as I also can’t do a systems check properly via the VM support site either. Keeps saying I have 15 odd devices suffering Wi-Fi interference and at least 3 of those is Ethernet only.

Do you know if there is a rough eta on when the data issue might be resolved?

garyboozy
On our wavelength

Same problem here, have removed app, restarted phone, downloaded app again - app still can’t find the hub5 that I’m actually connected to over WiFi. 

garyboozy_0-1672397380520.png

Hi Gary,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you have been facing issues with our Connect App not connecting to our Hub 5.0, have you tried on a different device?

Regards

Paul.

garyboozy
On our wavelength

Hi, yes i've tried with iPhone SE 2020 and an iPad Air, VM Connect installed on both – each says Hub Not Found

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @garyboozy

Thanks for your response

Can you try the below if using an Apple device please?

Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has been over a month now with no update on when this issue will be resolved, and as the Connect app is unusable I’ve deleted it.

Hi akastu, 

Thanks for popping back to let us know you are still having an issue and as a result you've deleted the app 🙁

We completely understand the frustration this has been causing for our users and I am personally involved with the Connect App team and been helping feed back all the instances and relevant information for them to look into things further. 

We've found that this error is happening in a number of different instances so it's not been an easy fix I'm afraid. Although it seems like it's happening to most, this isn't the case and reports are showing that it is only affecting a very minor number of overall users of the app. Even so, the teams are working on fixes for these issues and a few have been successful. 

There will be a new update in the coming weeks which may also help fix this error for more users. Hopefully you've not written us off yet and the app will work for you shortly. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello - I just got my hub 5 and my Connect app can’t detect the hub. Should I just let it be for some days and wait for them to connect some day ? Really don’t know when that’s going to happen !