cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Upgrade

Raident10
Dialled in

Hello all hope you’re doing well,

I was wondering if a Virgin Media representative on here could please try to sort me a Hub 5 upgrade, as new customers are now being offered them even on the ultimate volt bundle. I don’t use the Wi-Fi hubs either, as I use the Hub in Modem Mode but issues I’m having below would still be applicable even in Router Mode.

In January when i re-signed with virgin, the main reason for upgrading to the gig 1 plan was because I would be first in line to be upgraded to a hub 5, which I was told on the phone.

There are 2 main issues /faults I am having:

The puma chip in the Hub 4 causes latency spikes to the WAN IP, so this is to the hub itself. This has been a known issue for a while and effects user users. The Hub 5 doesn’t use this thankfully and as I play games, ping spikes are not too good.

I am also paying for an average of 1130 Mbps- it says this in black and white on my contact and when I log into my account too.

I called the faults team and they tried to pull one over me. They said I only pay for 1000, when it’s on my contact that I pay for 1130. I tried to explain that through no fault of my own, the Hub4 physically can’t supply the full bandwidth to any devices, because Wi-Fi 5 doesn’t come anywhere close and there are only Gigabit LAN ports on the Hub 4, which actually with overheads give about 940 Mbps.

So that’s just under 200 Mbps of bandwidth I’m losing, through a hardware fault /limitation of the hub 4!

I did advise them and they said there is nothing they can do /didn’t seem to bothered to help, even with the 2 major issues I have.

So this is my last hope really, could anyone please help me?

Take care,

10 REPLIES 10

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi szymek1976, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry for the delay with ordering the equipment. 

We will contact you with updates via email. 

Thanks, 

Nat