cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Shortage

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

So was due a hub 5 on 24ty November, so decided to ask update and get tracking number since I heard nothing.

And behold I now have been told that it won't be coming now until end of January 2022 as they have supply shortages, utter joke.

Why send me a link 14 days ago to order one, select the date I wanted which was 14 days ago to then be told it's not coming.

No one from Virginmedia was ever going to contact me saying they was supply issues, be good to know those that recieve hub 5 after 24th November to I know I've been lied too and I won't be impressed either.

23 REPLIES 23

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

State of events had hub 3 and they was work in the area on 3 seperate occasions incurred speed issues, then volt happened was upgraded from 350 to 500, rubbish speeds, to rule out hub and its power Brick was sent hub 4 (hub 3 was linked to the WiFi Pods)

Hub4 arrived still had rubbish speeds couldn't get the WiFi Pods to pair so put in modem mode use my own router, in 2 weeks having the hub 4 was issued a upgrade email to order hub 5 which was 14 days ago and was to be delivered today.

So I thought what is the point in pairibg the pods now or going through technical to get them working if they are now sending me a hub 5 which don't work with the hub 4 

I was a trialist for the hub 3 and so for the WiFi Pods that why I have the pods even before they was given away free with volt bundles that I was upgraded too.

I was chasing the order on Monday to then be told they was a shortage, which airing my views on here was told they wasn't, then going back to customer services telling their isn't a shortage to be told it was arriving, then to be told won't be arriving until 2022, now to be told can't have them as I have WiFi Pods which are no in use and hub 4 in modem mode and didn't sort the pods knowning a hub 5 would he coming which isn't now.

If they knew I had pods why send me sign up email in the first place, plus even is a customer has WiFi Pods that are working and paired it's simply enough to unplug and install the hub 5.

Does that explain it all 

@TAZMANUK wrote:

Another lame excuse now saying I was sent the link in error because I have the WiFi intelligent pods that don't work with the hub 5 currently.

They can see my pods are not working anyway and my hub 4 is in modem mode so another lame excuse to be honest, again complaint still stands.

As if I wasn't in for a engineer I would he charged for a wasted engineers visited wouldn't I, so I've  now had a wasted day on waiting for a hub 5 that isn't going to arrive. Absolute jokers

Shouldn't matter, you have the email invite, they need to honour it. An email invite is all the eligibility you need according to their posts on these forums. Doesnt say anything about pods in terms and conditions of offer.

I feel I'm gonna be in same boat as you, on 1 gig but got an email invite, ordered 1 but supposed to come early next week. Had no email or nothing back even confirming my order.

• Again if 1 gig aint eligibile then why send me an invite, and nothing in t&c about speed or package restrictions to the offer.

They won't send you one if you have WiFi Pods, their saying I was sent the email by mistake even though I don't currently use them as didn't pair then with the hub 5 when I was getting round to doing it that's when I got the email about the hub 5 so didn't and haven't bothered pairing them.

They won't honour it and have to bow wait until the pods work with hub 5s.

They won't agree to send one because I have the pods even though not paired and they can see by hub is in modem mode using owt router.

I also got the email but told not eligible, I think it was because I got the email when I was on M600 and Hub3, I upgraded to Gig1 and then tried to accept and they said literally to me on the phone.... 'No gig1 customers are eligible for the hub 5, but you can get it with Gig1 if you upgrade to the hub 5 and then upgrade to Gig1, not the other way around.' They did try to put it manually through for me but said the above.... **bleep** take.