cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Shortage

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

So was due a hub 5 on 24ty November, so decided to ask update and get tracking number since I heard nothing.

And behold I now have been told that it won't be coming now until end of January 2022 as they have supply shortages, utter joke.

Why send me a link 14 days ago to order one, select the date I wanted which was 14 days ago to then be told it's not coming.

No one from Virginmedia was ever going to contact me saying they was supply issues, be good to know those that recieve hub 5 after 24th November to I know I've been lied too and I won't be impressed either.

23 REPLIES 23

Jsquires1990
Dialled in

Thats very interesting, I had been invited by email. Tried and it just didn't allow me to do anything. I launched a complaint as its the only way I ever get a sensible answer from Virgin Media, they advised that due to an issue with the actual units they were being held back fixed and then relaunched in 2022!

So there are two versions to the issue now! Go figure. 

Interesting, other words they aren't giving them out due to been issues and stock probably been sent back to supplier or waiting new firmware.

So doubt they'll be lack of stock, Just holding onto stock, maybe they should communicate better with customers rather than allow to book them in and wait on a no delivery like I would have gone through on 24th November.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think there will be more versions of the issue to come yet - offshore CS are very..... creative.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah like pin hole reset your hub in 2 days and it will change into a hub 5 🙂

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @TAZMANUK,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

We do not currently have any issues with our Hub-5's stock at the moment.

I will send you a private message so we can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Pm replied too, that's not what customer service is saying on what's app, got all screenshots and chat log, they even had issues putting through to a manager as well.

I’m convinced that VM’s offshore customer services, run a monthly completion ‘who can tell a customer the biggest, outright made up lie and get away with it’ The winner gets the highly prestigious ‘BS’er of the Month’ award!

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I'm not impressed and to say my complaint has to go to an adjudicator takes the biscuit

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

More waffle from customer service in what's app not claim the date I picked which I had a choice of 3 to 4 and satted yodel delivery which is all day deliver as from 9am till 9pm, now their saying that wasn't the delivery date.

If it wasn't for my screenshots I wouldn't have the proof, absolutely they are jokers.

I have asked them if it wasn't the delivery date by yodel I was choosing when why did it ask me to choose a date "For Delivery" and why did the conformation say 24th November 2021 by yodel 9am-9pm

And why was their 3 to 4 different dates to select then.

Virginmedia need to sort out their what's app customer services out giving them a bad rap.

And now been told their back end is in charge of these orders and cannot see the hub 5 order on my account only they can sort it and wait for another email.

Load of rubbish