cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Quickstart; blue light flashing - hard reset doesn't work - HELP!

Glissov
Joining in

Hey guys, 

As described in the title, I have a new QuickStart with the Hub 5.
Its been connected for 5 hours or more now and I have a continually blinking blue light.
I have had the text message from VM to say my connection is live and I have tried doing a hard reset with the pin in the factory reset switch but the blue light persists and I have no internet connection.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly not activated properly call

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500\

If that fails:

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Glissov, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the setting up of the new Hub 5.

Can you please confirm if the service is now connected?

I've been able to locate the hub and this does appear to be showing as online.

Are devices able to connect to the hub both via wired and Wi-Fi connections?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, 

Thank you everyone for the replies. I now have internet. FYI I did try all the suggestions, I called the equipment activation and pre-install teams but they could not help fix the issue so they had to book an engineer.

When the engineer came he said it was ridiculous that the activation team could not sort this out over the phone.

The issue was basically that my 1st start=up kit got "lost" by YODEL, so VM sent out a new kit, then the "lost" kit was delivered, therefore the kit I now had was not registered to my account.

Alls well that end well, cheers!

Hi Glissov, 

Thanks for coming back to the community to update the thread. 

We're happy to hear that everything is sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back to us here and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs