cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Just wanting my Connection to be looked at by someone from VM. I will post details after this Post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks.
24 REPLIES 24

@Stythinator no that’s actually how is is designed to work, there is only one downstream 3.1 channel and none on the upstream at all.

Thanks for coming back to us @Stythinator.

I have looked into your account and can now see an issue with the power levels on your upstream channels, we would need a technician visit to resolve this issue.

I can book the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Hello @Steven_L

I have responded to your Private Message

Regards
Stythinator

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Stythinator.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Stythinator
Problem sorter

So ... Outcome of the tech visit today as follows...

Has been sent over and passed to a guy called Rob in Networks

Issue is CMTS not setup for Docsis 3.1 on the 806mhz OFDM Frequency

He rang Rob while i was here and he instantly said the area isn't even setup for 1Gbps yet (Though the website and e-mail i had confirms and says it is) so its now under investigation 

Rob sounded shocked i was even "Sold" the 1Gbps let alone having the Hub 4 at the moment.

Hi @Stythinator thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you've been wrongly sold a product.  Have you heard anything further from the field or networks team regarding this?

Regards

Lee_R

Stythinator
Problem sorter

I have not heard a thing. I was told to give a call on Monday just gone for an update if i don't hear anything however i have left it longer to give more time.

Will call up later and see if there is an update if not i will post back here

@Stythinator am I missing something here? Despite what ‘Rob in networks’ claims, from your hub status reports and the Speedtest.net images, you clearly are on the 1 Gig tier and seem to be getting the speed.

Unless I’ve managed to completely misunderstand something, I’m not sure what the problem even is here.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Seems to be more a complaint over why the hub reports the channels as it does, even though the connection seem perfectly fine.

Surely, regardless of what frequency what channel is on, if it works, it works ?

Stythinator
Problem sorter

Sorry let me be clearer. Yes SOMETIMES I am hitting 1GB speeds ... However one of the channels keeps dropping off 3.1 network and putting me back on 3.0 hence the original posts and the information from the tech and network guy. 

Reason it's doing that is because my area isn't actually able to support 1GB Speeds however the website and other places says it is. Network guy said it sounds like they added my area to the 1GB list before it's actually supported and activated.

So no ... I'm not receiving 1GB speeds as I should because the 3.1 is dropping out constantly.