Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4

renebene
Joining in

Hi, I've just had virgin media installed with a hub 4

When I tried to link my smart sockets to it,  it says

The sockets need to work on 2.4ghz but my hub is at 5 ghz,  I tried downloading the V M connect app  to change the ghz setting but it couldn't see the hub 4, any suggestions  ?

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM app is only compatible with the hub3. To change WiFi settings you will need to log into the hub by visiting 192.168.0.1 from your Web browser 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Split the SSID so you know you are connecting to 2.4Ghz

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @renebene

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having connecting. 

Has the help provided by the community here resolved this for you?

Please let us know if you need any further help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The virgin media online help got me there in the end,  a small criticism would be some appear to treat everyone as a 20 year old I T geek, which is far from the case,  but I'm sure I'll be back, probably sooner rather than later

Hi renebene, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop back and update the thread. We're glad you found the online help sections helpful in resolving your issue. 

We always take on board the feedback given in the posts we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs