cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade

stoob
On our wavelength

Afternoon,

recieved an email a few weeks ago saying Virgin were upgrading me to the Hub 4.

So, I did so.

Received my self install package today, but inside was a Hub 5. Should i go ahead and install it, or has VM made a error? Dont wanna go ahead and install it, if it is a **bleep** up and Im left without Internet.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Install it. If it’s not activated then call equipment activation on 0800 953 9500 to get it activated.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

JuicyGoomba
On our wavelength

Install it. You might have to reboot the router if the light keeps flashing, but it should work after.

The Hub 4 is so disgustingly bad that engineers actively recommend against it as it's not fit for purpose.

While the Hub 5 couldn't fix the tragic flaws with Virgin's network, it did fix all drop outs on my connection. The interface is almost instant, and the wifi is actually stable. I actually contemplated NOT using my Nest WiFi with the Hub 5 in modem mode, because it's such a night and day difference between the Hub 3/4.

Bear in mind I'm in a small 2 bedroom house, so the range was never an issue with it. Anything bigger and the farthest areas might struggle for connection.