cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 requesting cm ip address

S13002931
On our wavelength

Hi

I took off hub 3 which was working fine and Plugged new hub 4 and done everything to activate my new hub, removed old one and got message from Virgin that they sent the signal to my house and still can’t get online, logged into the hub and status message says requesting cm ip address and the hub is flashing white fade in and out. Is there a problem with the internet or it just the signal to my new hub?

pls help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Some Hub 4 are taking a few hours to activate for some reason.

Leave it overnight, if it is still the same phone in to get it re-activated.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

**bleep** for some reason they activated my old hub 3. It’s working fine. What to do with Hub 4 now ? 

should I plug it in and leave it over night ? It may get activated ? Or I need to ring virgin media ?  It’s weird. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Done that already , nothing. Same issue. Requesting CM IP address.

I am more than happy to plug my hub 3 back in and jump back in gaming. But curious why hub4 isn’t connected 

Try the Hub 3. If it works it means the Hub 4 never got activated.

If it doesn't work it means the Hub 4 activation process is still taking place so get it reconnected asap.

Hub 3 didn’t work now 😄 

so it means hub 4 is being activated. 

I shall wait thanks 

Been 2 hours now. Neither hub 3 nor hub 4 works.

hub 3 was fine before I plugged hub 4 ! Any official virginmedia staff who can look at it please ?

thanks

Some Hub 4 are taking a few hours to activate for some reason.

Leave it overnight, if it is still the same phone in to get it re-activated.

Ok

**bleep** for some reason they activated my old hub 3. It’s working fine. What to do with Hub 4 now ? 

should I plug it in and leave it over night ? It may get activated ? Or I need to ring virgin media ?  It’s weird. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi S13002931

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delays.

Are you still receiving the service via the Hub 3 or has the Hub 4 now become active? 

If the issue is with the Hub 4 not being activated on the account, this is something we would need to do from our side. 

If you could please let me know how you are getting on and if you have had any updates, I will be happy to assist further 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat