cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 red light

Hoiman
Joining in

New joined VM at new house, and self install the hub already  but cannot to connect internet and hub 4 have red light (Tried reset and reboot the device, but still not work) please advise how to fix it ? Thanks

Regards

Hoiman 

3954C44E-2F31-4319-8758-D52ACF40F924.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13

lotharmat
Community elder
Have you phoned in to get it activated ?

Hub Activation number - 0800 953 9500

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi. Is it normal for hub 4 to display red light if not activated over the phone?

First hub 4 I received displayed red light. I thought it faulty as hub was clearly used before by someone else (return sent to me by mistake). Replacement arrived yesaterday but I'm still getting red light.

Regards

Jakub

Hey @Jakubkot,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Hub 4 and red light.

The red light on the hub 4 means that there could be an issue with the cable connections, please can you make sure that all of the connections are pushed in firmly, if you are still having this issue.

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Regards,

Steven_L

Cable must be connected in correct way as Hub 3  been working without any issues for last few years. As I learnt more about Hub 4 since this problem arisen  I'm not sure whether I should upgrade at all due to potential overheating issues (With Hub 5 being about six months away) . It seems bad design of Hub 4 is preventing it from maintaining low temperature.

Thanks for your reply @Jakubkot

Just to confirm after checking the connections and rebooting does the hub still have this red light?

Is your hub also overheating at all? If so please do let me know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Yes still red light and temperature seems ok. I phoned customer service only to be told that Hub 4 isn't compatible with Gig 1 broadband!!!! They ordered Hub 5 for me. Don't know what was a point of sending me Hub 4 in first place but at least I'm going be able to fully utilize internet with 2.5 Gbit port.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

I'm so sorry to hear this @Jakubkot!

The Hub 4 should be compatible with Gig1 I'm so sorry that you were told otherwise.

Has your new Hub 5 arrived and been installed yet?

Thank you.

No, at this point I don't think if it was sent to me ☹️☹️☹️

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red light on Hub4 is not overheating, that’s only applicable to a Hub3. It means you have no connection.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2