cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 reboots Every night

shak2
Tuning in

M 500 Broadband since June using the Hub 4 as supplied. Previous Hub 3 never had any similar issue.

Daily reboot around 12:30 AM , disconnects the whole house. Reconnects around 10 minutes .

Had 2 x Engineer visits but nothing came out of it.

Please someone help for a lasting or ANY Solution

46 REPLIES 46

I’d be slightly astonished if the tech did actually leave any notes, I suspect his or her prime concern is to simply get onto the next job. I think you have a cable connectivity issue, the upstream power is gradually ramping up to compensate and eventually can’t go any higher at which point it triggers a reset of the hub - rinse and repeat. This isn’t something that you will see in the logs and the hub stats are simply a snapshot of the situation at that time, so you won’t necessarily see much obvious there either.

The suggestion that you get a Hub5 was actually a load of rubbish, it won’t help in any way, shape or form - but, like I said, they really just wanted to get away and on to the next job.

You’ll need another tech visit, I’m afraid.

Hi Jem,

Thanks for your message. What do you suggest the solution to a cable connectivity issue? I've already had two tech visits and both have just boosted the downstream levels and told me everything should be working fine, I feel like having another one will be rinse and repeat! My issue is very similar to the OP, where I have had VM 500mb with Hub 3 for 3 years working almost perfectly with no issues and after upgrading to 1gb and receiving a hub 4 have had the hub reboot multiple times everyday. I feel like I'm going round in circles here...

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TooManyShoes,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm very sorry to hear about the persistent issues. I've had a look on my side and can see the frequent disconnections you have mentioned - this is not normal and shouldn't be happening. As jem101 has said, this will need another Technician visit as we will need to run further checks and get this sorted for you.

I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into getting this booked.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, the last Tech visit has not solved the problem, still experiencing it exactly the same, it actually seems like the reboots have become more frequent now. The last Tech said there were far too many splitters in the cable from the box to our building of flats and removed some of them but said he would need to get a different team out to replace the cable but it wasn't something he could do, I haven't seen that anyone has been out to do this.

Could somebody please help me get this sorted, I am at the point where I am thinking of cancelling now as it doesn't seem that this issue can be fixed.

Thanks for coming back to us TooManyShoes, we would need to send out a new technician to get this looked into further. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

TooManyShoes
Joining in

Hi,

So hopefully a final update on this. The last tech came and replaced the Hub 4 with a new Hub 4 and we haven't had any problems since then. Very glad to have the issue fixed but also very disappointing that it has taken 4 tech visits and 7 months for this simple solution, especially as we suggested it with the 1st few visits and it was dismissed. Just some feedback for you really, and advice for anyone else with the same problem!

Hi there @TooManyShoes thanks for the update 😊

Great news to see that this has now been resolved, sorry that that this was not resolved a lot sooner however. We will certainly have this fed back for you.

If you need anything further, please do let us know. We are always happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules