cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 reboots Every night

shak2
Tuning in

M 500 Broadband since June using the Hub 4 as supplied. Previous Hub 3 never had any similar issue.

Daily reboot around 12:30 AM , disconnects the whole house. Reconnects around 10 minutes .

Had 2 x Engineer visits but nothing came out of it.

Please someone help for a lasting or ANY Solution

46 REPLIES 46

Hi @shak2

Sorry to hear you're still having the rebooting issues. I have located your account and checked your levels and they are all in spec, also cannot see any area issues at our end either that would explain the rebooting. Does the rebooting only happen at midnight and is it every night or just some? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It Happens Everynight b/w 12:30 to 12:50 . No other time.

Incidentally this is my time to watch some Netflix and it ruins my daily experience . There MUST be a reason for this to happen . This issue has happened with loads of other people so its not something just novel to me & my setup.

Thanks for coming back to us @shak2, is it possible set up a BQM on the connection so we can review the performance of the hub and see the drops?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I was getting this exact same issue and solved it by resetting using a pen in the pinhole at the back of the Superhub for 10 seconds.

Its already created but will it be used ?
I am unable to see any graphs in it , I have written to TBF to look at this
Also i did a speed test and to my surprise I am only getting 43Mbps download / 35 Mbps upload ? I did numerous tests and its pretty much confirmed that these are the results ? I am on M500 broadband ????
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1642085843519518455

@Donmaca : I have written in my Original post that I have rest my Hub many times with nil resolve.

Now the Whole VM service is gone worse.
I am only getting 34 Mb Download and No One is listening, I have tried calling VM Customer services but they are not Listening. / responding...
What is Happening ? Can Anyone Please Help

Hi shak2, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. As there is no issues showing at this end, we can use the BQM graph to approach the Ara Field Manager to see if an engineer visit is possible. If you have a graph running then posting the live link will allow us to monitor things on this end. 

As for the speed results, were you running this check on a device connected to the Hub through an ethernet cable or through the WIFi? 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wired LAN Connection

here's the link for BQM 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4a05e8069134d48c21bce9f9444b253f19976112

This issue has been solved today Eventually.

Spoke to VM support x last night who could see that there was significant issues and requested Engineer visit.

Finally got an engineer which had an insight into this issue.

The Hub4 has the gigabyte frequency / channel  which is what was casuing the signal issues and degradation & rebooting etc as the fibre around our parts is quite old and not suited best for the gigabyte channle/ frquency. 

He swiched back to the Hub3 Router and had ZERO issues since, I was dreading 12:30 AM rebooting .... guess what ? DIDN'T HAPPEN !, Speed is above 550 Mbps & Rock Solid...

This has worked for me .. it might be the case that everyone else having simialr issues like me might be better off woth the Hub rather then Hub4.. or It might not make any difference to others.. or even me in the long run...

Time will tell !

But for now I am a hapy bunny again 😀