cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not connecting to Intelligent pod

staceycoxall
On our wavelength

Recently upgraded to the Superhub4 and now my intelligent pod isn't connecting. I've moved it around several places and left for 24 hours each time but still getting a flashing light. It worked brilliantly with the Superhub3 - do I need to do anything? Does the intelligent pod need to be reset or something and if so, how? Really fed up now having the blackspots back in my house. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are associated with a particular hub, they need to be reassigned to the new hub, only VM can do this.

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 any they should be able to do it for you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are associated with a particular hub, they need to be reassigned to the new hub, only VM can do this.

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 any they should be able to do it for you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you. Will have to try and call on my day off Friday. I reached out via Twitter and they kept reverting me to the FAQ and troubleshoot page which was no help at all. Why is there no information regarding having to reset the Pod after switching hubs? Also why isn't it easier - not everyone has time to stay on hold waiting to talk to a human. What a nightmare!

Hi staceycoxall,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

I'm sorry that you weren't made aware that you'd need to repair your WiFi Pods after getting your hub replaced. It's a shame to hear that our Twitter team weren't able to provide any helpful assistance when you reported the issue to us from there.

I can see from your account that your Pods have now be repaired and provisioned successfully - can you please confirm if this is the case? If not, we'll be more than happy to help further.

Beth

Beth

Hey Beth. I think someone on the forums done it in secret for me as we received a text saying "we've fixed your issue" but I hadn't phoned anyone at that point. So thank you to whoever on your team did it as its working better than the Hub 3 + pod combination. Maybe on the FAQ for the intelligent pods it should state that the pod needs to be reset when getting a new hub as it sounds like a few people on here and even people that work for VM don't know this. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @staceycoxall,

Thanks for coming back to us in regards to your WiFi Pods. I'm glad to hear that this issue is now resolved. 

Thank you so much for your feedback, this information definitely needs to be updated to reflect this information.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help and if you need any further assistance. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am also having this issue.  I have spoken to 3 different people today and told 3 different things, the guidance hasn't been updated following this issue back in October as my instructions make no reference to the pods at all not being compatible with my new hub 4.  I have been told today by one person that it is compatible, one that it isn't and I shouldn't need them (which I do as I have total blackspots) and a third that they 'may' be able to send a signal to get them working?!?  Not sure what to believe now and it's desperate I get this working before Monday with 3 of us working in the house.  I only upgraded to the hub 4 as you sent me it as part of new package, my hub 3 was working fine with 2 pods which is what is so frustrating.  Just not sure what to do?!?

The intelligent pods do work with the Hub 4. But if you had them connected to the Hub 3 then the intelligent pods need to be reset which Virgin Media can do remotely. They done it for me off this post as I had a text message saying that the work I requested was completed and after that I was able to connect the Pods to the new Hub. Hopefully someone here can help. But I can confirm that they definitely do work with Hub 4 and need to be reset!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To pair Hubs and Pods call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub and Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Note the Pods do not work with the Hub 5 at present.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Sarahlj, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues getting your issue resolved. 

As mentioned above, the pods are compatible with the Hub 4. They will need to be reconfigured to work with the new hub though. We're not able to do this via the Community though so following Adduxi's advice above will get things sorted for you. 

Please let us know how the call goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs