cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 locking up regularly

adhawkins
Up to speed

Hi all,

I updated to Gigabit last week, after flawless service with my Hub 3 for months on end.

The new Hub 4 arrived on Thursday afternoon. I removed the Hub 3 and connected the Hub 4, and everything seemed fine.

However, since then I have had three instances of the hub completely locking up. The first was overnight on Thursday. The second early Sunday evening (around 5:15pm) and the third around 1:30 this morning.

In all three cases, the hub was showing a solid white LED, but did not respond to pings or attempts to connect via the web interface. The only way to bring it back was to power off the hub and power it back on again.

When it's working, the connection seems stable, but to have the hub lock up so many times in such a short period is concerning.

Is it possible that I have a faulty Hub 4? If so, what do I need to do to have a replacement? All signal levels seem fine (will post below).

Andy

10 REPLIES 10

Hi adhawkins, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're glad things have improved for you since the Hub was replaced. Hopefully thing will continue on the right path. 

If at any point you have any further issues then you can pop back here to let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs